Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Friday 1 January 2016

Hello 2016!



Happy new year everybody! Our Christmas was busy; filled with family visits, an inordinate amount of meat, cheese and candles and blustery walks. Glad we were able to get to church on Christmas morning as it's so easy to be dazzled by the sparkliness of the season. I hope you had a special time celebrating with your nearest and dearest. As always at this time of year, in those funny in-between days after family have gone and before I head back to work, I try to reflect a bit over the year just gone. 

2015, you were a handful.

Firsts: hosting Christmas Day, Jane Austen Festival Promenade, dog walk, Airbnb trip, Bristol Balloon Fiesta, leg wax, bundt cake, published crochet patterns, IKEA trip, knitted shawl, visit to Cornwall, hair dye, sambuca shot (not wise), buying furniture, trouble sleeping, FaceTime, sloe gin sipping, successful pancakes, tablecloths, gym workout, makealong, attempt at quilting, seeing reindeer. 




There were job interviews, beautiful weddings, tears, prayers, job worries, trips to the zoo, laughter, serious illnesses, one horrendous stomach bug, many, many train journeys, dance classes, puppies, baking, zero trips to the hairdresser and a promotion. We did a big, scary home move, settled into a new city (still working on it), said goodbye to our commutes, made time for family and friends and watched loads of netflix. I worked hard, made stuff and was late a lot.

My highlights were swimming in the sea, catching up with old friends and spending time exploring Paris with Mr P. We were blessed. 

Looking back on the goals I set last year, I didn't manage to knit a pair of socks (though I did turn a heel!) or miraculously become a morning person, but I did try to write more honestly and be kinder to my body. I joined a yoga class, carried on running a bit and ate my greens.

In 2016, God willing, I hope to make more time for the important things, keep running and yoga-ing, finish two garments, give thanks, design a blanket, fall back in love with writing, be braver and make a difference.

3 comments:

  1. I love your photos of all your pretty makes :) Happy new year to you, I hope you have a lovely 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie, Happy New Year to you! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy year! Happy new year and here's to 2016. Also, I am intrigued by that pretzel cake photo.

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...