Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Friday 1 May 2015

Gotta be starting something - CFTC Make-along



Stitchy news! May has arrived, heralding the beginning of the Crafts from the Cwtch Makealong. And I'm joining in! This will be the first time I've ever participated in any sort of -along. For this one, the goal is to knit or crochet a neck accessory that will challenge your skills and teach you something new. Over on her blog, Sarah's been sharing cheeky discounts for some gorgeous knit and crochet patterns. I've decided to tackle the divine Pebble Beach Shawlette that's been in my queue since Unwind. It'll be my circular needle debut and my first ever knitted shawl. Cannot wait to get stuck in. 

I've even splashed out on new yarn for the occasion, which is a bit of a rarity. Ordinarily, I like to just work from my stash, but I didn't have anything that would work with the pattern. Normally I'm a yarn first, pattern later kinda gal, so this is a whole different kettle of fish. 

I plumped for two glorious skeins of Shilasdair Luxury 4ply in Atlantic Spray. It's an unusual merino, cashmere, baby camel and mohair blend, dyed with stunning indigo tones. Have you ever used this yarn before? It's new to me, but I thought it would match the pattern well. 
I'm gonna cast on today and will keep you updated! 

6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely shawl and I look forward to seeing yours in indigo. Shawls are great fun to knit, though I run out of patience towards the end. Every time. I love them though. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadia! Am really enjoying it so far, but think it will get tougher as it grows! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that shawl pattern, and I bet it will be absolutely stunning in that yarn! I haven't worked with Shilasdair Luxury before, but it sounds fantastic. Shawls are so much fun to knit, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat, have you made a Pebble Beach? Has been on my to-knit list for soooo long, glad to finally pick a yarn and cast on :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shawl and beautiful yarn. You'll be fine with the circular needle - I made the hitchhiker pattern recently using circulars for the first time and it was not as bad as I thought! Look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's reassuring to hear. I think like a lot of knit things it starts to make sense once you just dive in and give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...