Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Monday 3 November 2014

off the hook: crochet ring pillow



Hey folks! Would you believe it? Another FO! 
I made this crochet ring pillow for a very special couple whose wedding we happily attended in September. (September weddings are the coolest, don't you know?)

The beautiful bride gave me a heads up about their colour scheme, then I gathered some yarns and got hooking. The cream is the same vintage cotton I made our ring pillow with, the burgundy is Rowan and the navy blue is the gorgeous Namolio linen I picked up at Unwind Brighton.  Add a big mother-of-pearl button and job's a good 'un. 


I love how the three colours work together and how sweet and squiggly the picots look in the linen thread! It was an honour to make this and a real thrill to see it used on such a special day. Ooh, I do love a wedding. 



2 comments:

  1. beautiful cushion.....I particularly like the use of the linen thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crazydazy! I'd not used linen before but I really like it. Definitely recommend Namolio! :) x

      Delete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...