Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Thursday 28 August 2014

Unwind Brighton in Simply Crochet

My pasty pins see the light of day. Sorry not sorry. 

I have a wee bit of exciting news. Last month Faye and I whizzed off to the seaside for Unwind Brighton (were you there? Wasn't it ace?) and this month some of my scribbles about it are in Simply Crochet issue 22.

I didn't blog about Unwind right away as I wanted to save all my creative wordy juices (?!) for the mag. I know it's old news now, but I must say it was a pretty cool event. Glorious venue, big name vendors and enough stunning hand-dyed yarn to boggle the mind. Loved it. I won't ramble on, but instead suggest you pick up a copy and see what you think.

They made me put my face in it and everything

And more importantly, what did I come away with? I was kind of in work mode and was very restrained, but I did arrive home with a bit of sunburn, some Brighton rock (rude not to) and a beautiful handful of Namolio's linen 5ply thread in navy. It's going to be part of a crochet ring pillow for a very special future Mr and Mrs.

It wasn't until I got home and properly read through the programme that I saw the gorgeous Pebble Beach Shawlette. Oh my. I instantly regretted not snaffling some yummy 4ply in Brighton to start it right away. Consider it queued.





8 comments:

  1. Unwind Brighton sounds extremely interesting. Congratulations on your magazine article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brilliant event - would recommend checking it out if it's on again next year!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed chatting to you and reading your wonderful write up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! Hope you're well, and thanks so much for your input in the piece :)

      Delete
  3. Hooray, congrats! It must feel so awesome to see your name (and face!) in print. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cory! I'm pretty proud of this one :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you lovely - my roving reporter moment! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for being featured in Simply Crochet - I bet you are dead chuffed :)

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...